"FoDRoW - Friends of Dorset's Rights of Way - exists to promote, research and maintain greenlanes in Dorset"
- Promote - We encourage the responsible and sustainable use of greenlanes in Dorset.
- Research - Many greenlanes, and other rights of way, are not yet on the definitive map. We are working to correct this.
- Maintain - Most months a FoDRoW team can be found clearing overgrown greenlanes.
Greenlanes are unsurfaced tracks that can be used by everyone. They are mostly old
roads that have never been surfaced. Now their main users are recreational, from
walkers to horse riders and vehicles.
Did you know...?
- Only 5% of public rights of way in the UK are greenlanes. (Source: Countryside Agency)
- Recreational vehicles are not responsible for the majority of damage to greenlanes. (Source: University of Staffordshire)
Whatever your interest in Dorset's greenlanes, and no matter what support you can give, we need your help to continue this work. Please join FoDRoW and help us to reverse the decline in Dorset's greenlanes.